The City of Hagerstown Light Department (HLD) Engineering staff is responsible for:
- The design, review, and approval of electrical service designs.
- Distribution, and subtransmission designs and projects.
- Maintainence designs of the electrical system to meet regulations.
The Electrical Engineering staff
can be reached at 301-790-2600.
Water & Wastewater Engineering
The City of Hagerstown Utilities Department Water and Wastewater Engineering staff is responsible for:
- Administrating master planning for the city's water and wastewater systems
- Providing permits and inspections for water and wastewater projects
- Reviewing and approving of development plans
- Supervising the design of capital improvement projects and coordinating with the city engineering staff
The Water and Wastewater Engineering staff
can be reached at (301) 739-8577 extension 650.
Design Manual & Standards
All developer-installed facilities must be installed in accordance with the approved City of Hagerstown Utilities Plan, applicable standards, and inspected by department inspectors. The Engineering Design Manual and Standards are provided here for reference. Please select from the following list (please allow a few moments for the files to load