Keeping You Safe
The following paragraphs mention a few simple rules and tasks to follow to make your home safer in regards to electrical hazards. You will also find suggestions about what to do and what NOT to do if you come upon downed power lines.
View a listing of general household safety tips
related to electrical wires and appliances.
About Outside Power Lines & Excavation Work
- Do no attempt to clear trees / shrubs around energized lines.
- Do no touch anything that is in the vicinity of downed lines.
- Do not attempt to disconnect / reconnect service.
- Keep others away from
- Never dig around unmarked, energized, underground power lines. Call MISS Utility before any type of excavation no matter how shallow.
- Never touch a downed power line and immediately notify HLD if you see one.
- Treat every downed line as energized.
Have a question or concern? Please contact the Hagerstown Light Division at (301) 790-2600.