Park Improvement Projects
Skatepark at Fairgrounds Park
To be completed by the summer of 2022, a 25,000 square foot concrete skatepark designed and constructed by the world-renowned Spohn Ranch from Los Angeles California; the park is supported by the Tony Hawk Foundation. The park design is the result of two public input sessions, and the project is driven by a City Council appointed a Task Force of citizens The goal of is to provide a skatepark that will provide a safe, designated place for all-wheeled sport enthusiasts (skateboarders, BMX bike riders, inline skaters, scooter riders, etc.) of all skill levels to develop their skills and enjoy the company of their peers. A pump track, artistic features and shade structure is also included.
Improvements to Wheaton Park
To be completed by the fall of 2022, Completion of phase 1 of the Master Plan (click here to view) including demolition of the former residential house and installation of misting pad, parking lot, and plaza. The Master Plan was developed based on public input at two public meetings in the fall of 2021.
City Park Train Hub Restrooms
To be completed by the end of 2022, a 1,000 square foot restroom building to service both the patrons of the Train Hub and the adjacent softball fields.
Other Projects Planned for 2022:
1. Replacing hedge along Virginia Avenue with ornamental fence
2. Bathroom remodeling in the FIT Room at Fairgrounds Park
3. Improvements to Hellane Park basketball courts
4. Porch deck replacement and exterior repairs to the Hager House
5. Improvements to City Park bandshell
6. Renovations to Fairgrounds Park Entrance Building on Mulberry Street
7. Golf Cart Path upgrades at The Greens at Hamilton Run
8. Tree planting