Park Improvement Projects
Thomas Kennedy Park
The Mayor and Council wish to honor the legacy of Mr. Kennedy and his values of equality and freedom for all citizens by partnering with the Congregation B’nai Abraham to construct a park at 50 East Baltimore Street. We anticipate the park will be dedicated in the Spring of 2019, and will feature the sculpture of Toby Mendez
Pangborn Park Pond
In late 2019, Reconstruction of Pangborn Park Pond and Stabilization of Hamilton Run” will begin and take several months to complete. This project includes the reconstruction of the 1.1 acre pond that we believe was constructed in the 1930’s. The final plan includes the following enhancements:
- Dredging and removing up to a few feet of sediment.
- Replacing the perimeter walls around the pond
- Replacing the outlet structure,
- Replacing the inlet structure since it allows sediment into the pond and the structure appears to take too much flow from Hamilton Run,
- Restoring Hamilton Run since it is experiencing bank erosion on the west bank.
- New sidewalk around entire lake and adding accessible pedestrian access to the pond from the Pangborn Blvd. sidewalk
City Park Play Equipment
City Park Play Equipment”, coming in the summer of 2019, a spectacular play system, as picked from other designs by the students at Bester Elementary. City Park is recognized as one of the most beautiful urban parks in America. The goal of these installations is to delightfully engage children and provide an additional “wow” factor for this regional park.
Other park projects planned for 2019/20 include:
- Potterfield Pool filter replacements and sprayground improvements
- Improved Train Hub exhibits
- Additional parking in City Park
- FIT Room bathroom remodeling
- Hager Park stormdrain replacement
- Improved holiday lighting