A zoning verification letter is a statement from the Planning and Code Administration Department that identifies and describes the zoning district in which a property is located, if a specific use is permitted in that zoning district, any special exceptions or variances that were granted, and if there are any pending or resolved zoning violations. The letter is often requested by lenders as due diligence for financing or refinancing.
If you wish to have a zoning verification letter prepared, a written request detailing the desired information shall be submitted to:
City of Hagerstown
Planning and Code Administration Department
1 East Franklin Street, Suite 300
Hagerstown, MD 21740
The letter should include:
- The subject property's address, parcel identification number, and current owner of record
- The name and mailing address of the individual requesting information
- To whom the letter should be addressed
- Where the completed letter is to be mailed
- The proposed use of the property, if this needs to be addressed
Please note that there is a fee for the zoning verification letter, which is listed under the Fee Schedule. Please make checks payable to the City of Hagerstown. The zoning verification letter will not be released until payment has been received.
Please allow up to 14 days to process a request for a zoning verification letter.
Any questions please call 301-739-8577, ext 138, or email email@example.com