The City of Hagerstown Energy Conservation Code states:
A permanent certificate shall be completed by the builder or registered design professional and posted on a wall in the space where the furnace is located, a utility room or an approved location inside the building. Where located on an electrical panel, the certificate shall not cover or obstruct the visibility of the circuit directory label, service disconnect label or other required labels.
The Energy Conservation Certificate shall list the following:
Note: Where there is more than one value for each component, the certificate shall list the value covering the largest area.
Where a gas-fired unvented room heater, electric furnace or baseboard electric heater is installed in the residence, the certificate shall list "gas-fired unvented room heater," "electric furnace" or "baseboard electric heater," as appropriate. An efficiency shall not be listed for gas-fired unvented room heaters, electric furnaces or electric baseboard heaters.
- The predominant R-values of insulation installed in or on
- ceiling/roof, walls,
- foundation (slab, basement wall, crawlspace wall and floor) and
- ducts outside conditioned spaces:
- the U-factors for fenestration, and
- the solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) of fenestration, and
- the results from any required duct system and building envelope air leakage testing done on the building.
- types and efficiencies of heating, cooling and service water heating equipment.