Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
How Do I...
Effectiveness of Fire Service Vertical Ventilation and Suppression Tactics in Single Family Homes
Leave This Blank:
City ID #:
1. True or False: The Fire Formula of Modern Homes has changed since the 1970’s to lead to faster fire propagation, shorter times to flashover, rapid changes in fire dynamics, shorter escape times for both occupants and firefighters, and shorter times to collapse.
2. True or False: Open spaces are a key component to modern residential construction.
3. The average square footage of a home in the 1970’s was 1600, compared to that of ______ square feet now.
4. According to 2005 statistics, _____% of floors are assembled as wooden I-joists.
5. Peak temperatures in the modern fire environment are _____ degrees-F prior to becoming ventilation limited.
6. True or False: There is no need to control the door used to access the fire because it is not a ventilation inlet.
7. True or False: Behind a closed door is the most likely place to find a victim who can be rescued.
8. True or False: Even a small amount of water has a positive impact on conditions within the house, increasing the potential for victim survivability and firefighter safety.
9. True or False: Water can push fire.
10. In larger volume spaces such as great rooms or open floor plans, water should be directed onto _____________, if possible to have the greatest impact on cooling the interior of the house.
* indicates required fields.
Community's City Center Plan
Parks and Recreation
Parks Facilities Reservations
Recreation Activities Registration
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow