Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
How Do I...
Chimney Fire Review Quiz
Leave This Blank:
City ID #:
1. Unlined flues are found in many homes built prior to the
2. The space just below the damper, just above the firebox, where the smoke first passes through is known as the
3. The shelf just behind the chimney damper that is flat and catches falling debris and rain water, and helps with the transition of large volumes of smoke into the small chimney is known as the
4. This type of liner is used to retrofit old, unlined flues.
5. A gummy, foul smelling, corrosive and extremely combustible substance that can coat the inside of a flue is known as
6. TRUE or FALSE: Creosote is formed when the gases in the chimney cool below 250-degrees F and liquefy and/or solidify.
7. TRUE or FALSE: The crew operating on the roof at the chimney performing operations must be wearing SCBA and breathing air.
8. TRUE or FALSE: It is ok to discharge a hose line into the flue as your first order of business.
9. The type of flue liner that offers the wider passages and is less expensive to install is known as
10. SCBA must still be worn if CO levels are greater than...
* indicates required fields.
Community's City Center Plan
Parks and Recreation
Parks Facilities Reservations
Recreation Activities Registration
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow