- Parks & Recreation
- Recreation Programs
- 2023 HUB CITY 100 MILER
2023 HUB CITY 100 MILER - 1 MILE A Day FOR 100 DAYS
Enrollment for the Hub City 100 Miler is now closed. For further assistance, contact the Hagerstown Parks & Recreation office: email@example.com (301)739-8577 x 170
FIT FOR YOU 2023!
January 13, 2023- April 22, 2023
The goal: Walk/run 1 mile a day for 100 days. You can get fit and healthy at home or outdoors! Aerobic activities such as yoga, biking, or zoom fitness classes count as "miles." Throughout the 100 days, weekly emails offer motivational tips, recipes, and ideas to reach your daily miles. Plus, you'll be invited to join a private Facebook group to share your experience with other 100 Milers!
Hub City 100 Miler 2023 Final Mile Celebration
The City of Hagerstown Parks & Recreation Division is calling all Hub City 100 Miler’s to join in the Final Mile Walk Celebration on Saturday, April 22 from 9am – 10:30am. This year’s Final Mile Walk Celebration will be held at a NEW location – under the large pavilion at the City Park Train Hub, located in Hagerstown City Park, at 770 City Park Drive.
On Saturday, April 22, join Parks & Rec with other health and fitness vendors to celebrate the 100-mile journey toward health and fitness! Hub City 100 Milers are welcome to bring a family member or friend to share the good health!
Saturday, April 22, Schedule of Events:
• 9am - 10:30am – visit with community partners underneath the pavilion
• 10am – walk the final mile around City Park
• 10:30am – Grand Prizes announced
• 11am – Everyone is invited to the Earth & Arbor Day Celebration in walking distance at the Jonathan Hager House! Volunteer for one of many Earth & Arbor Day activities including tree planting, trash clean up, garden clean up and storm water stenciling.
The following exhibitors will be on site during the Final Mile Celebration: Giant Foods with healthy snacks, American Cancer Society Bark for Life Event, Kinesthetic Solutions, Washington County Health Dept, Meritus Community Health and more!
All registered participants of the 2023 Hub City 100 Miler are automatically eligible to win the Grand Prizes on April 22!
Men’s Fitness Bike –Mercury Endurance WINNER: James Vennett
Women’s Fitness Bike – Mercury Endurance WINNER: Melodie Labanowski
Kayak – Parks & Recreation WINNER: Chiron Mergott
Salt Cave Couples Experience –Regenerate Float Center WINNER: Brandon Thompson
Pack of 3, 30 Minute Massage Therapy Sessions - Kinesthetic Solutions WINNER: Anthony Robinson
Pack of 3, 60 Minute Massage Therapy Sessions - Kinesthetic Solutions WINNER: Josh Sparkman
Embody Yoga Series (4 week series, 2 yoga classes per week) – Parks & Recreation WINNER: Tara Jones
2023 Private Pool Party at Potterfield Pool- WINNER: Jana Newton
Golf Coupon Booklet, 9 Rounds of Golf - The Greens at Hamilton Run WINNER: Katie Yoder
Blackrock BBQ, BBQ basket (Assortment of dry run seasonings and bottled sauces) WINNER: Kim Norfolk
The following links are for enrollment of staff employed by the following employers:
|Week 1||Virtual Yoga to Relax & Renew,
with instructor, Charna Moore
|Sara Derival||Virtual Strength Training,
with instructor, Charna Moore
|Week 2||Virtual Dance Fitness, drop-in class
with instructor, Charna Moore
|Sandra Law||2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest entry||Bradley Sayler|
|Week 3||2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest entry||Amanda Stratton||2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest entry||Margi Joe|
|Week 4||2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest entry||Geraldson Valme||Yoga Mat, donated by||Kimberly Taylor|
|Week 5||Yoga Mat, donated by||Lydia Abad||Ankle Weight Set, donated by||Matthew Thompson|
|Week 6||Ankle Weight Set, donated by||Stephanie Andrews||Body Weight Exercise Cards, donated by||Tammy Frey|
|Week 7||Heart Healthy Cookbook, donated by||Megan Burton||Parks & Recreation Gift Card, $15||Andrea Miller|
|Week 8||Blackrock BBQ, $20 gift card||Lauren Sherwin||City Park Swan Ornament||Matthew Eakle|
|2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest||Donna Moser||2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest||Diana Abrecht|
|Week 9||Blackrock BBQ, $20 gift card||Sheri Peterson||Hagerstown-opoly board game||Lisa Teeter|
|2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest||Ronald Ahalt III||2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest||Jennifer Barr|
|2023 St. Patrick's Day Run Fest||S. Nikki Haynes-McMullen|
|Week 10||Bulls & Bears gift card||Mercedes Johnson||9-hole golf greens fees certificate||Amanda Yeakle|
|Week 11||28 South gift card||Nicole Trimmer||9-hole golf greens fees certificate||Heather Ainsworth|
|Week 12||2023 HEAL ColorSplash 5k entry||Misty Tosten||2023 HEAL ColorSplash 5k entry||Bonnie Rohr|
|Week 13||2023 HEAL ColorSplash 5k entry||Amy Renner||Swim passes (2) to Potterfield Pool||Brian Eichelberger|
|Week 14||Aqua Yoga, class drop-in||To be announced at 100 Miler Finale on Saturday, April 22 at City Park Train Hub||Swim passes (2) to Potterfield Pool||To be announced at 100 Miler Finale on Saturday, April 22 at City Park Train Hub|
- Men’s Fitness Bike –Mercury Endurance
- Women’s Fitness Bike – Mercury Endurance
- Kayak – Parks & Recreation
- Salt Cave Couples Experience –Regenerate Float Center
- Pack of 3, 30 Minute Massage Therapy Sessions, Kinesthetic Solutions
- Pack of 3, 60 Minute Massage Therapy Sessions,Kinesthetic Solutions
- Embody Yoga Series (4 week series, 2 yoga classes per week) – Parks & Recreation
- 2023 Private Pool Party at Potterfield Pool
- Golf Coupon Booklet, 9 Rounds of Golf, The Greens at Hamilton Run
- Blackrock BBQ, BBQ basket (Assortment of dry run seasonings and bottled sauces)
10th Annual Hub City 100 Miler Tshirt!
Win awesome weekly prizes & grand prizes! More details coming soon.
Want to get your business recognized? Donate a prize! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
WAYS TO TRACK YOUR MILES:
How Do I Track My Miles?
Two easy ways to track your miles:
Download the 2023 Miles tracking form and simply check-off each day on paper that you completed your mile
Click here for the paper Miles Tracking Form
Link your personal tracking device to our online tracking system Challenge Runner. Here are the steps:
• First, make sure you are registered for the 100 Miler via ActiveNET (use links on this website_
• Click the Link for Challenge Runner Group: https://cohparksandrec.challengerunner.com
• Check the box next to Hub City 100 Miler 2023 and click the Enroll button. (If using a mobile device resolution may require that you scroll down to see all options to complete the process)
• If you are an existing user, enter your email account Id and password. If you are new to ChallengeRunner, click the Register with New Account button.
• Download the iPhone or Android app for the phone by searching for ChallengeRunner in your phone's App Store. OR,
• You can directly access the 2023 challenge with the information below if you already have a Challenge Runner account and the app installed on your phone: Invitation link: https://www.ChallengeRunner.com/enroll/6e723a-3uc0
• Challenge Code: 6e723a-3uc0 (use in-app if requested after you are logged in to access 2023 challenge group)
• Once the event starts, data will appear. If you are doing this process after the challenge start date, or mid-week for example, any activity data before the last 7 days will need to be input manually, if you attach a fitness tracker. You are able to edit any synced data manually.
For more information call: Amy Riley, Recreation Coordinator
email@example.com | 301-739-8577 x 180
A Special Thanks to our Grand Prize Sponsors:
Help Washington County reach 1 million pounds lost by 2030 by joining the Go For Bold Challenge to compliment your 100 Miler journey! More info and sign up here: https://healthywashingtoncounty.com/goforbold/