Situated in one of America's most beautiful city parks is a Georgian-style mansion built by John Heyser in 1846. The massive house, with its large, inviting wrap-around porch, is built of native limestone and bricks. The bricks were, in fact, made from the mud of the graceful lake, now inhabited by swans, which the house overlooks.
Today, the mansion serves as the headquarters for the Valley Art Association. Here, at the Mansion House, one can view and purchase the works of over twenty local artists. The old Mansion House creates a beautiful setting for the displayed art. In addition to serving as a gallery, the Mansion House also is used for classes and as a meeting place for the Valley Art Association.