- Community and Economic Development
- Getting Involved
- Hagerstown Youth Council
Hagerstown Youth Council
About the Hagerstown Youth Council
The Hagerstown Youth Council was established by the Hagerstown Mayor and City Council to give Hagerstown youth the ability to provide feedback and recommendations regarding community policies and programs that affect their future and to take a leadership role in creating meaningful change. Members of the Youth Council will have the opportunity to raise their voices and share their experiences with local dignitaries, agencies, and other youth as well as participate in other fun activities like selecting the City's downtown Christmas Tree or planning an Earth Day event.
In order to serve on the Hagerstown Youth Council youth must meet the below qualifications:
- Be a resident of the City of Hagerstown or attend a public/private high school or home-school located in the City of Hagerstown;
- Be currently enrolled in either an accredited public or private high school or home-school; and,
- Be entering the ninth, tenth, eleventh, or twelfth grade at the beginning of council program year.
Hagerstown Youth Councilmembers (2022-2023)
- Ishan Dean, South Hagerstown High School
- Joseph Fox, South Hagerstown High School
- Ana Simmons, South Hagerstown High School
- Ei Leonyah, South Hagerstown High School
- Haileigh Taylor, South Hagerstown High School
- Ella Murthy, North Hagerstown High School
- Lakin Kandrick, North Hagerstown High School
- Nicolas Martinez-Martell, North Hagerstown High School
- Sarah Otway, Washington County Technical High School
- Zoe Burnett, Grace Academy
- Dharma Lara, Homeschool
2022-2023 Meeting Schedule
All meetings of the Hagerstown Youth Council are held at the BuroBox. 60 W. Washington Street, Hagerstown, MD 21740 unless otherwise noted. All meetings are open to the public, however, public attendees may not have the opportunity to participate in the meeting. Meetings will typically be held on the first Thursday and third Monday of each month unless the third Monday is a holiday.
Any questions regarding the Hagerstown Youth Council can be forwarded to Annaston Cree at the Department of Community and Economic Development at email@example.com or 301-739-8577 ext. 820.