Thursdays, 5:45 p.m.- 6:45 p.m. January 25-March 1, 2018
- Click link to enroll: 6-week series, $55
- Discounted rate: $45 for 100 Milers, Meritus employees, and WCPS employees
This series is aimed to serve as an introduction to the practice of Yoga! Classes will be focused on developing a basic understanding of fundamental postures, with clear and safe alignment cues. Each class will move at a slower pace to ensure proper knowledge of specific poses and how they benefit the mind and body. The "core" will also be a focus throughout the series...what it is and the importance of strengthening it. Come to learn, play, and laugh in a supportive environment! This series is suitable for men and women of all ages, and is also open to children ages 12 and older. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Drop in for $10/class.
"Shamrocks and Savasana" St. Paddy's Day Yoga
Friday, March 16, 2018 from 5:45 p.m.-6:45 p.m.
Wear green colors to this fun, flow yoga class with Michelle Grimes at the Fit Room at Fairgrounds Park. All experience levels welcome. Prize will be awarded for most creative "green gear."
Registration in advance is required to attend. $10/person, one-day session. Click here to sign up!
Yoga For Weight LossMondays & Wednesdays, 5:45 p.m.- 6:45 p.m.
Meets twice a week at the Fit Room at Fairgrounds Park with Michelle Grimes.
This series focuses on a strong mind-body connection, while toning the body and burning fat.Experience how yoga speeds up the metabolism and enhances self-awareness.
Drop in for $10/ class.
- Jan.8- Feb. 28, 2018 (8-week series) New Student, $115; Returning Student, $95
- Mar. 5- Apr. 25, 2018 (8-week series) New Student, $115; Returning Student, $95
No Class on Monday, April 16
- Apr. 30 - June 20. New Student, $115; Returning Student, $95
- June 25 - Aug. 15. New Student, $115; Returning Student, $95
- Aug. 20- Oct. 10. New Student, $115; Returning Student, $95.
Calm by Candlelight-
Warm Slow Flow Yoga
Drop in for $15/ class. (8-week series) $75
No class on April 17
- May 1- June 19 (activity #5953)
-June 26- August 14 (activity #5958)
- August 21- October 9 (activity #5959)
Upcoming Session: Feb. 7-28, 2018 (4-week series)
- New Student (enrollment into series includes Yoga Tune Up® therapy balls), $60
- Returning Student (enrollment into series, Yoga Tune Up® therapy balls not included), $50
*Due to hazardous weather conditions, the start date of this program has been postponed. Series will begin Feb. 14, 2018*
Self-care is health-care. In this amazing class, learn how to use Yoga Tune Up® therapy balls for self-care corrective exercises that promote mobility and restoration. Learn strategies to eradicate pain, improve posture, and enhance your body's performance. Take care of the issues in your body's tissues! Through self-massage, stretching, and relaxation techniques, learn to utilize the assistance of this new equipment/ tool, Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls, which you have the option of purchasing to keep, or borrowing during this 4-week series.
Click the link above to enroll and learn more details about the class and topics covered in each meeting of this four-part series. Workshop series provided by Alys Dahbura.
Drop ins are welcome:
- $15/class (if borrowing equipment); or
- $25/class (includes purchase of Yoga Tune Up® balls)
The Fit Room at Fairgrounds Park
532 N. Cannon Ave. Hagerstown, MD 21740.
Payment methods accepted on-site: cash or check made payable to: "The City of Hagerstown."
For additional information or help with registration, call:
The City of Hagerstown Parks & Recreation Office
(301)739-8577 ext. 170.