Pop Up Ready Program
For questions: Contact email@example.com, Amanda Whitmore, Downtown Coordinator, (301) 739-8577 x 822
DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION
Complete program guidelines apply. Download Guidelines and Application Form from program website.
- Provide additional spaces for Pop Up Shops to “pop” into spaces that are code compliant.
- Help building owners lower the renovation costs of their vacant storefronts.
- Increase the number of retail businesses in Main Street area.
- All properties must be in the Main Street Hagerstown area.
- Have identified code deficiencies.
- Property must be commercial or mixed-use.
- Property owners and buildings must be in good standing with the City and State and not delinquent on any City or County taxes for the property, or any other financial obligations to the City for the property.
- Residential properties.
Application Process and Requirements:
- Complete the Application.
- Up to $2,000 will be reimbursed depending on the size and complexity of the property to be upgraded.
- A staff committee will review the application and determine the eligibility and level of funding based upon: square feet and proposed renovation expenses.
- Please provide photos of current space conditions that you are looking to improve through your renovations.
- Upon notification that the application has been approved, schedule and complete code upgrades.
- Code upgrades must be performed to City Code and completed by a licensed, permitted contractor.
- All work must be completed after you receive Grant approval.
- Receipts must be submitted for all work listed and the date must be after the approval of the Grant.
- If approved, the applicant shall purchase the product or services then submit the receipts.
- The City will then disburse the approved amount.
- All work must comply with local, state, and federal codes and ordinances.
- Submit paid invoices for reimbursement of code upgrade work.
- Work must be completed within 60 days of approval or grant will be forfeited.
- Funding is subject to availability and will be paid to your business upon submission of receipts.